Saturday, April 18, 2009

Big Decision

A few weeks ago I made a big decision after a few months of really thinking about it. I decided to go back to work for the 2009-2010 school year. I have missed working this time and while I have loved being home with Lila I think I will be more satisfied going back to work when she is 13 months old. In addition, I think Lila will be happy with this decision. She is extremely social and will love the interaction at daycare. Right now the highlights of her day are going to the gym nursery and various stores and errands. She doesn't actually like riding in the car very much but she loves getting to where we are going and waving and smiling at her various admirers. By her second trip to the Gonzales library several of the librarians knew her by name. I have her in at a daycare this side of Gonzales (almost in Duplessis) but don't have an actual job yet. I would be delighted to return to East Ascension High School in Gonzales if they have a spot for me. However, those of you in education know that sometimes you may not get a job until a day or two before school starts when they know their staffing needs. I am prepared for that and will see what comes my way! In the meantime I have started my classes that I need to take to renew my teaching certificate. If you don't teach for 3 years or more you need to take 6 hours of college credit (undergrad courses are OK) that you haven't already taken but that pertain to your major. Some examples of classes I can take are English, education, and even some psychology classes. I am taking an English correspondence class right now and love being a student again. So that's it as far as Mama is concerned. I am sure I will post again soon about stamping or the kids.

1 comment:

cathy gaubert said...

yay for you!!!
i would think that they would be crazy not to have you back if there is a spot. i'll keep my fingers crossed. you'll have to let me know where lila is going to be expanding her social circle...that girl will have her dance card filled in no time! ;)