Monday, April 6, 2009

Where has the time gone?



Lila at age 8.5 months


Cullen at his honor roll assembly, age 9.5

Seriously, where has the time gone? Last I remember it was January and now we're a week into April. After having watched entirely too much Lost I am tempted to suspect some kind of time- space continuum. I expect to see Jack and Kate show up at any moment.
I am going to post some new photos of the kiddos, including the insanely active Lila Katherine Phillips. After one laid-back child and one child incapable of mobility at 8 months it is startling to have a child behave in this albeit relatively normal manner. Sometimes when we are playing on the floor I instinctively stretch my legs out to block her from getting to something she shouldn't get (fireplace, cats, dog... just fill in the blank). Here is how each child was or is different in their thoughts and reaction to the leg-block action at age 8 months.

Cullen: Oh, well, if there is something in the way then I really shouldn't break the rules and go around them. I will find something to play with right here and I am sure it will be just as fun. And law abiding. If anyone goes around them you better believe I will tattle.
Carson: Dude, you can MOVE your legs? How 'bout I just sit here and you bring things to me instead, ok? I mean yours move and I'm so cute so it really works for both of us.
Lila: (looking deviously) You think those little obstacles are going to stop me? You are stupider than you look. Watch this, woman (and crawls over the legs).






1 comment:

Joelle said...

oh my, does she look just like Kevin, or does she look just like Kevin?? She's a cutie. My first one was active like her. Hunter is already laid back. We'll see if it sticks once he's mobile.