Thursday, May 27, 2010

Nostalgia

I think I have figured out why I love (most of) baseball season. I don't actually like baseball as a whole as much as I love everything it signifies. I like that it means spring and summer are on their way. I love that it means the end of school is coming soon. I love the memories of watching my oldest brother play baseball and then later being the batgirl for his team. I love the soft, fine, dirt of the baseball field, the cold of the bleachers on my legs, and even how clean you feel washing off after a summer night at the ball-game. I loved running back and forth to the concession stand. Usually I carried money I found under the bleachers, which had fallen out of various spectators' pockets. Neither of our boys are athletes at heart and both decided not to play baseball this year; I don't miss the hectic schedule and being out too late on school nights but I do miss the nostalgia I feel when I watch a ball game.

No comments: