Thursday, July 14, 2011

My Creative Friends

One part of Lila's birthday party that did not get a mention were her presents. What kid doesn't love presents? Lila is a little reserved in groups. Actually, she's a little reserved around all humans. We think of her as that performing frog from Looney Toons... never performing around others, but always around us. "Hello my honey, hello my darling..."

I was kind of mean because I told her that if she didn't interact with her party guests at all then she wouldn't be able to play with her presents. We talked about playing on the slide with her friends, saying hello when they arrived, etc. It worked because, although it was subtle, I did notice her trying to be a little friendlier than usual.

When it came time to open presents I was as excited as she was... dresses! bows! jewelry! baby dolls! What mom doesn't love those? My friends came through with the cutest things. Lila got an adorable monogrammed tee shirt from her friend Isaac. A couple of precious towels (she didn't have a single monogrammed towel- what kind of a bad mom am I? Below are some of the homemade things my friends gave. They are amazing and their presents were too!

Bottom of bow hanger/holder (what do you call those things??) from Jenny, who SAID she wasn't crafty.
Monogrammed towel from Denise! Lila noticed and loved the polka dots on the lettering.

Sorry for the un-rotated shot! The bow hanger again.

Cathy's needlework on the swimsuit cover-up

The mermaid on the cover-up; well-timed since we now LOVE mermaids.

The necklace Cathy and her girls made!

The cover-up and towel combo.

Towel from Cathy. Cathy is the queen of creativity; did I mention that?

No comments: