Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Three Weeks Left!

We have just three weeks left of summer. Or, as I prefer to say to the kids "We have THREE WHOLE WEEKS!" Seriously, you can fit so much fun into three weeks. I planned to start the fun today but I kind of dropped the ball on that unless you find physical therapy for Carson, laundry, closet cleaning, and (yes more) tea parties to be award-winning fun. We did Shrinky Dinks but I was grumpy so I think if fun were a mathematical equation my grumpiness may have negated any possible fun. Here are some of the things we thought of to do the next few weeks for fun. I hereby challenge myself to do it! Hopefully I will do a better job than I have done with my New Year Goal of learning the African countries (hey, the year isn't over yet!)

1. Blue Bayou (again)
2. Dixie Landing at night
3. The New Orleans aquarium
4. The Audubon Zoo (again, this time we'll do their splash park)
5. Bluebonnet Swamp (since I was bad and didn't sign them up for their usual swamp camp)
6. My parents' house in Folsom
7. I also really want to go to Jefferson Island; this one I am not sure about. Can I handle all three kids there by myself?? Of course I can barely handle them at Wal-Mart by myself...

The first two will be done without Lila because she impedes our fun. The rest we will do while she isn't at daycare. After all, as Carson conceded this morning, she IS part of the family. Uh, yeah. Thanks for the genius news flash.

The fun will start tomorrow. Along with my diet. Seriously, I mean it.

No comments: