Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

My three babies! Lila cannot keep her hands out of her mouth! Hampton, Carson, Hannah, Lila, & Cullen watching the racoons eat. The bunny is not real, though. My mom likes wildlife statues.
I thought this was so clever! Cullen made it out of some pinecones that my mom saved as well as a few other odds and ends he found on the ground.




We started our Thanksgiving celebration a day early this year by driving to my parents' house in Folsom to meet up with my friend Michele and her two boys, Jon and Ben. The boys all had a good time once we stopped trying to keep them out of the river and let them get wet and sandy despite our best intentions. Then my brother, his wife, and their two kids arrived Wednesday night from Mobile. Today we saw most of the Broders family with the exception of my other brother, Leo, and his family. Leslie and Mark even came with their new baby, Cecilia. We had a great time hiking on the trails, riding on the John Deere Gator, and of course eating. We took lots of pictures trying to get a photo worthy of our Christmas card. Above are a few that are NOT contenders for the family card but are still cute. We feel so blessed to have been with so many family members Thanksgiving day and can't wait to do it all over again with the Phillips family on Saturday!






No comments: