Saturday, October 15, 2011

Game Time!


I don't think I went to a single athletic event for either of my high schools for the entire four years. Granted the first school didn't have many sports teams to speak of (unless you consider academics to be a sport- darn magnet schools). In addition, going to McKinley after dark for events wasn't fully safe. However, who would have thought that I would love to attend EA's games so much? I've enjoyed every game I have attended and have no favorite sport. I love watching my students play and I like the atmosphere. My kids and I get in for free and the snacks are cheap; it's a win-win situation. However, I have realized that the way I feel at games is a sense of parental pride. Do you know how it feels when your one or two children score? I feel that way when I hear each of my students' names called over the PA. I get excited when I see my soccer girls' little pony tails waving as they race down the field or kick the soccer ball from one end of the field to the other. I have parental pride x 100. It's a good feeling and I think that is why I go.

No comments: