Monday, October 17, 2011

Tooth Fairy

Cullen doesn't believe in The Tooth Fairy anymore, thank God. Unfortunately Carson, my sweet, loving, eager, boy does. The past four nights I have forgotten to put money under his pillow. He has been very patient and kind but was starting to grow weary of the excuses (the Tooth Fairy doesn't come during Fall Break, the Tooth Fairy doesn't always know how to reach people in the top bunk, etc.) Last night I finally remembered to put the money under the pillow and truly forgot that I had done it. So when Carson unveiled the money this morning I put on a good show of surprise since I had totally forgotten about it anyway. This clear surprise must have worked. Later this afternoon Carson came racing out onto the porch, had me turn off the lawn equipment I was using, and proceeded to share his big theory as to why the Tooth Fairy is real.
1. I was so surprised; would I be that surprised if I was the Tooth Fairy?
and (my favorite)
2. Moms don't even lie anyway
Ummmm, OK. If you say so...
How can I tell one of the two people on this planet who fully thinks I hung the moon that I have been lying to him his whole life?

1. I know it's light outside but the sun is just confused; I promise it's nighttime
2. Yes, there is a Santa Claus
3. Yes, there is a Easter Bunny
4. Yes, there is a Tooth Fairy
5. No, I didn't eat your ______ (peanuts, candy, chips, whatever else of theirs I ate)
6. Those aren't onions; they are just special noodles
7. It's not burned it's just browned

I guess when he finds all these things out he may change his mind about living with me forever.

No comments: