Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Domino Necklace



These have been around a long time but sometimes it's fun to resurrect old projects and freshen them! We have never done this project at my hostess clubs before and it will be fun to do this Friday night with my girls.


Supplies:



  • Mod Podge glue

  • Domino

  • E6000

  • scissors

  • paint brush

  • spacer beads

  • pen

Options for decoration:


  • cardstock

  • stamps and ink (waterproof works best but I like the antiqued look it makes when water-based inks blend a little!) I do like using either antiqued looking stamps or an alphabet stamp. There are new sets in the Stampin' Up! catalog that I must have to do more of these necklaces ("Jayne's Type" or "Monogram Sweet" both would be great!)

  • scrapbook paper

  • magazine images

  • photo ( any will work)

1. Gather supplies
2. Trace domino on paper
3. Cut out domino shape
4. Use E6000 to glue spacer bead to the top of the domino. Let it dry for at least an hour. If you don't have time for this as step two then move it to after all Mod Podge is done. I will have this step done before my "Stamping Ladies" arrive on Friday night.
5. Use Mod Podge to glue paper to blank side of domino.
6. Allow to dry
7. Seal top of paper with Mod Podge
8. Allow domino to dry then string the ribbon, chain, or other necklace through the spacer bead. Now your necklace is done! Voila! Package it up and you have a nice little gift.


The glue that adheres the spacer beads to the top of the domino and the necklaces we are using for my hostess club. They are the color I wanted (black) and reasonable as well as practical. Any type of chain or necklace will do but I like something simple and casual.
Note: thanks to "Crafty Hangover"'s blog for assistance with some of these instructions.

No comments: