Thursday, August 7, 2008

My Eldest Child is OCD

I know everyone likes to feel better about themselves by hearing about other people's crazy children. Tonight at 8:00 p.m. I made Cullen's TOP BUNK (if you've put a fitted sheet on a top bunk bed lately you know you deserve a stiff drink after getting that job done!). Apparently I put Carson's Spiderman sheets on Cullen's bed, which is evidently unacceptable. Apparently the fact that they look almost identical isn't quite good enough because Cullen pitched a fit. Did I mention that he is eight, not two? I held my ground and wouldn't change them again so he is sleeping on top of his quilt rather than stoop to lay his eight year old body on the wrong Spiderman sheets. Granted BOTH sets of Spiderman sheets are something like 10 thread count they are so cheap and uncomfortable. I am proud of myself for not giving in to shut him up. Cullen just doesn't know who he's up against sometimes! I am so glad that they go back to school tomorrow; we all need a little space. And I'm not changing those sheets anytime soon.

1 comment:

Kassiah said...

That is too funny, I think we may need to get him together with my youngest son, Montgomery. LOL