Saturday, August 2, 2008

People who need two shopping carts

I have always secretly scoffed at the people who need two shopping carts to get their groceries. Surely they are buying too much if they need two carts, right? Today I was one bag of chips away from needing two shopping carts at Wal-Mart and I am afraid I will have to eat my words. People who need two carts are not over-indulgent consumers; they are just parents and possibly pet owners. I had zero kids with me to take up space in my cart and it was still overflowing. Needless to say no single men tried to pick me up at the grocery store; my married status was obvious and even if I wasn't married who would want someone who needs four boxes of Capri Suns, enough Eggo waffles for an army, and three bags of kitty litter?

1 comment:

Kassiah said...

Amy I think I have found a way around this. Get the one that has the space for the kids to sit in the back. You know, the one that Carson and Cullen probably refuse to sit in, regardless of the fact that it would make your life 10x easier? Well, It is big enough to put your kitty litter and huge laundry detergent, and I have found it holds the huge industrial packs of toilet tissue rather nicely. That way, you still have a regular size shopping cart to fill! I think they have better wheels too LOL