Friday, October 10, 2008

Birthday Dessert

I have to admit that I didn't bake Cullen a cake for his birthday. I didn't even buy one! I did bring snacks to school that day, even though Lila was screaming and I would have much preferred to find the closest open bar (Sweet Home Alabama- Reese Witherspoon "You have a baby... in a bar!"). Back to the cake... I have to give Cullen kudos and also acknowledge yet again that this is my child because he wore his "Birthday Boy" ribbon pinned to his shirt just when we went out to dinner because he knew it might help him get free dessert. I think Kevin would crawl under the table if waitresses sang him "Happy Birthday" but Cullen is OK with the singing if they are carrying something sweet while they're doing it (just like me). So even though I didn't make or buy Cullen anything he did get dessert at Ralph and Kacoo's and they sang to him and they gave him a place mat to color on. Plus there were swordfish and other dead creatures mounted on the wall and full fish tanks. We have none of these things so it was quite a hit. Happy Birthday, sweetie. When you look back on your ninth birthday you will remember that we fed you and let you walk around and look at dead animals.

No comments: