Friday, October 10, 2008

Ribs and "Frinch Fris"


Someone told me that I don't have enough posts about Carson. This is ironic because several of my students told me that I talked way more about Carson that Cullen last year. Carson is very funny and pretty bright so he cracks us up a lot. This was a recent essay of his in class "My favorite food is ribs. I get my ribs at Chilles. I love ribs with frinch fris and barbe cyuw sase on it." I love that he was so specific and that he made such a good attempt at spelling barbecue sauce. "Cyuw". Sound it out. Above is his drawing of his plate of ribs and french fries, including a spoon and a fork. There is no knife because Carson always asks us to cut the "chicken" off of his ribs.
However, this is not my very favorite example of Carson's schoolwork. In pre-school when asked what his dandelion wish (if he blew on a dandelion and got awarded a wish) would be he said "I would wish for a clone so I wouldn't have to go to school." This was in pre-K. I knew it was going to be a long 13 years of pre-college education when I read that answer.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the "cut the chicken off the ribs" comment. Morgan used to call everything chicken. "Hey mom, this chicken tastes like fish." It is fish. "Hey mom, this chicken tastes like pork chops." It is a pork chop. :^D Kids say the funniest things. And I LOVE how your son spelled everything out. I love phonetic spelling.